Both IAF members and non-members are welcome to attend the congress, as well as several events. The congress consists of two parts, the General Assembly of the IAF with member federations, and the Training Seminar which is open to anyone practicing Aikido.
Whether you are a delegate to the General Assembly of the IAF, or just taking part in the Seminar portion, you will have to go through the registration process.
Who can attend?
The participation to the Training Seminar is open to all Aikido practitioners, regardless of affiliation or country.
People needing visa support to enter into Japan will be able to request it while filing the registration form.
Period of the seminars and events
The General Assembly and Training Seminar will start from September 27th (Tuesday) at 9:00 am will end with Doshu's class, Embu and Farewell Party (separate fee required) on October 2nd (Sunday).
Participants must come to the venue by 8:30 am
Specifics about registration
Before registering, you can see an preview of the registration form and preapre the necessary informaiton ahead of tim. Via this link, participant will be able to do the following:
- Register to the congress
- Book training seminar days: Full seminar (Tuesday to Sunday, 6 days): 15,000 JPY / One day: 3,000 JPY
We can only accept registration for full days, not half days. If you are unsure at this stage, training fees can also be payed on the spot on the day.
The form only allows booking for the full seminar. If you plan not to attend every class, please register on site before each class. For those who cannot attend the whole seminar and wish to attend only a few days, you can pay at site and do not have to go through the website registration process since that is geared only for the whole seminar attendance. You can register in Takasaki if you will be attending only three days and you will be given a receipt for that. If you practice for three days you can pay 9000 yen in Takasaki plus insurance.
- Book attendance to the Farewell Party
- Purchase insurance (compulsory for all people participating in training): 1,000 JPY
- Book accommodation (variable rates, first come first served basis)
- Request for assistance with visas and letters of invitation
- Request for assistance with booking flights (travel arrangements should idealy be handled by yourself outside of the registration procedure but our partner, Tobu Top Tour will be able to assist you if you request it)